Wednesday, August 10, 2016

$2 Liquid Lipstick!? Beauty on a Budget | Nicka K New York TRUE MATTE Review & Swatches

Hello! :)  I thought I would do a quick review on a few liquid lipsticks I found at my local beauty supply store a few months back.  I originally went with my sister to pick up some new lashes but you know, you always come out the store with more stuff than what you planned.  Haha.  While my sister was checking out I was playing with the displays at the check out and found these cool NickaK New York True Matte liquid lipsticks for $1.99!  It was so cheap that I thought I'd just buy three to test it out and they're actually pretty nice!  So without further ado let's get into this super quick review.


The packaging features a semi-gloss black cap, a clear bottle that lets the color peek through.  The packaging does feels cheap but sturdy.

On the black of the packaging is a clear label with the shade name and the ingredients.

And of course on the bottom of the bottle is the shade name.  I got three got of the 18 shades available; Turkish Rose, Cocoa Bean, and Santa Fe.

The applicator is a simple doe foot applicator.

Here is an arm swatch of the three colors.  This photo was taken in natural light without flash.

Let's get to the fun part!  Lip swatches! :D

Santa Fe - A cool tone pink with a slight grey undertone.  This shade is very similar to Colourpop's Ultra Matte Midi but is a tab bit darker, just a tab.  If I were to put both on my lips you can't even tell the difference.

Turkish Rose - So glad I got the last one in stock!  Of course this shade would get sold out the most!  It's a super on trend dark mauve that will suit every skin tone!  This is my favorite out of the three shades.

Cocoa Bean - Oh my gahhh!!  I love dark reds and Cocoa Bean is a red with a brown undertone.  It's not as pigmented as the other two shades above so you'll be needing two coats for this shade.  What I don't like about this shade is that when I smack my lips together a lot it rubs off in the center.  I don't know why it only happens when I use this color only. :(

These liquid lipsticks are pigmented, transfer and water proof.  They have a slight stickiness just like the Colourpop ultra mattes.  I also notice that they don't settle into my fine lines as much as other liquid lipsticks I tried, which is always a plus for me.  These liquid lips dry down to a true matte finish that surprisingly does not dry out my lips and doesn't feel too uncomfortable.  One thing I don't like about these liquid lipsticks that they're not as long lasting as other liquid lipsticks.  After I finish eating, it looks like I only have lip liner on... yeah.  I know that it's normal but a lot of product comes off while eating.  But the good thing is that it doesn't get patchy when you apply another layer on top. :)  Not the best liquid lipsticks I've tried but overall I think these liquid lipsticks are great for their price!  It's only $1.99 so you can't really expect too much from them but these pretty much get the job done and well!  I honestly thought they'll but worse but they're pretty good! ^o^

These True Matte liquid lipsticks are available in 18 shades on their website for $2.99 but check your local beauty supply store first, in case you can save a dollar on them! :)


 I'm new to the brand NickaK New York, if you've tried their products what do you think of them or what are your favorite shades above?  Don't be stranger and comment down below! :)  Thank you so much for reading!  ^__^  See ya in my next post!

3 comments:

  1. hello, it was very amazing and fun reading your whole article. Have a look at haute her for girls makeup. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I simply would like to give you a big thumbs up for your great info you've got right here on this post. I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon. Digital Best Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. If someone is lacking in these three intrinsic fundamentals, then it really does not matter what they look like on the outside. Physical beauty has no correlation at all to the goodness or essential quality of a person. groupon cbd bath bomb

    ReplyDelete