Saturday, August 15, 2015

Recent Macy's Buy - FREE 7pc gift set with Lancome purchases over $35 & more gifts with $70+ purchases! GREAT Steal!

Hello!  So about a week ago, a Macys newsletter magazine thing came in and on the back was an awesome Lancome FREE 7pc gift set for purchases over $35!  You could get 3 more free gifts when you spend over $70.  This gift set started earlier this week and is while supplies lasts.  On Aug 14th-15th ONLY they'll also be giving out a free blush brush with the gift set.  Which is why I waited until the 14th to get my set.  Haha.

I went to Macys earlier this week with my sisters to swatch the samples of the set and I fell in love with the warm lipstick and blush set BUT I seriously could not find anything to buy from Lancome!  I already have a few makeup products from Lancome and they're not really anything special.  BUT you can never go wrong with a high end foundation. :)  I searched for a foundation but just couldn't find any that I like and I really love my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation so...  I thought I would just pass this gift set but I went home that day and spent hours looking at the Macys site to find reviews on products and decided to go with a skincare product.


I ended up getting Lancome's Eau Fraiche Douceur Micellar Cleansing Water ($38).  As if I don't already have enough cleansing products. (-_-)   I know... but I recently just finished my cleansing water from Etude House and am using my favorite cleansing water from Insobeau.  It works sooo good that I don't even want to use it.  Haha.  Do you guys feel like that too?  Or is it just me?

What I REALLY like about this product is that is has a pump!  The pump is easy on my fingers and it doesn't make me waste product.  The previous cleansing waters I used from Korean brands I would have to poor it out and sometimes I would poor out too much. :(



Here are the six items you'll get once you make a purchase.  You may choose your choice of moisturizer and lipstick/blush set (they'll ask you warm or cool).


The seventh item is the makeup bag that you choose from 3 different bags; purple, pink, or black.  I chose the purple bag.

The inside pattern is actually the outside pattern of the black bag.

I was a bit hesitant to even buy something from Lancome because I already have a sample of their Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, and full sizes of their BI-Facial Eye Makeup Remover and Hyponose Drama Mascara.  Plus there wasn't anything I really wanted to get.  I just felt like wasting money.  I know, it's bad.... I mainly wanted this gift set because of the lipstick and blush.

I got their Bienfait Multi-Vital Night Cream, in which the lady recommend for me who has combination skin.  I of course picked the warm makeup set.  The lipstick is in "Sugared Maple".  It's a nice red-ish brown and when I tried it on my lips I felt like it aged me a bit.  I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Here is the sample and full size eye makeup remover just so you get an idea of the size.  The full size is 125ml and the sample is 50ml which is a pretty big sample size.  Looking at the website, I thought it would only be at least 30ml.

Here is a full size blush and the sample size blush.  The full size if 5.4g (I believe, I don't feel like getting up to check the amount.) and the sample is 2.4g.  It's soo cute and little!  I think I might get the full size of this blush in "Blushing Nude".  It's a nude pink color and it's perfect for everyday.



And here is everything I got yesterday from Lancome.

When we were checking out I noticed the lady did not put a blush brush in my bag.  The sole reason I waited til Friday to buy something.  Haha.  So I ended up asking her for it and she answered "Oh, that's right. I forgot."   Right....  there are huge posters around the store promoting this Lancome gift set, so I'm pretty sure at least five people came in to purchase the set that day.  She did not give us (my sisters and I) good service at all.  I seriously do not know what is up with the ladies who work at the higher end makeup of Macys.  They're always so mean and talk to us as if they're higher than we are.  It's not like I'm the type of customer that retail workers would hate to help.  I guess she was just having a bad day since it was raining and no one wants to work on a Friday.

Anyways, this gift set is a great steal!  The total value of this set is $102-$124.


If you spend over $70 you can either choose a set of 3 skincare items or 3 makeup items.
The makeup set items include: Color design Shadow & Liner Palette in Blush Sweetness, Gloss in Love Vinyl Shine in 351 Lily en Lame, Cils Booster XL Mascara Primer.

For the skincare set you can choose your cleanser: Creme Radiance or Mousse Confort.  You also get to choose which eye & moisturizer duo you'd like: Renergie lift multi-action day & eye creams, Absolue Premium Day & Eye creams, or Bienfait Multi-Vital Sunscreen cream & Genifique Yeux Eye Concentrate.


Well, that's all for today.  I hope this post will be helpful to those who are planning to get this free gift set! :D  Until next time. :)  Thank you reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment