Friday, October 28, 2016

[COLOURPOP] Fall Edit Out and Bout Set + Love Bug Matte Lip Swatches and Review

Hello everyone! :)  I wanted to make a quick post on a recently purcahse I made on Colourpop when they were having a free shipping event.  I had my eye on the new Love Bug Ultra Matte Lip and a few glossy lips but during the free shipping event they launched three lip sets featuring their new fall lip colors! ^o^
The three sets features orange tones (Up and Away), deep purple tones (Can You Knot) and Mauvey Dusty Rose tone (Out and About). Colourpop's liquid lipsticks retail for $6 but with this set, they're only $5.  It's too good of a price to pass up!  Especially for the quality!


How pretty is this packaging!!!??? ( *o* )  It comes in an open mauve pink colored box with fan like designs layered with a gorgeous golden foil.



On the bottom of the clear tubes are clear labels with the shade names.

Colourpop's lippies are always packaged with a clear tube, showing the product's shade.

I haven't tried any recent Colourpop for a while and noticed that they changed the applicator to a super cute short doe foot applicator. (It looks like a baby! Haha.)



Here's the long awaited lip swatches! ^o^



Ultra Matte Lip in Love Bug - I was super excited about this shade but am a bit let down.  It's a lot darker than what I thought it'd be.  On me it's a deep brunt red orange instead of a vibrant terracota color I though it would be.  BUT nonetheless, it's still a very gorgeous shade for fall.  The formula is lot better than the older Colourpop mattes I have!  To desire the terracota color I want, I mix it with Pony Effect's Stay Fit Matte Lips in Exceptional (bright neon orange).  It's seriously my go to lip combo for fall.  Highly recommend getting Pony Effect's Stay Fit Matte Lips because they're amazing!  Go read my review here.


Ultra Satin Lips in Baracuda - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Colourpop's Ultra satin formula!  It's long wearing, doesn't settle into the fine lines, comfortable and it's in my favorite finish!  Oh my gosh... I just realized all of the photos are labeled as "ultra glossy lips"... I'm so bad at blogging! Sorry...  Anyways, Baracuda is a deep rose color with neutral undertones. It's my one of my favorite shades from this purchase. :)


Ultra Matte Lips in Times Square - Another shade that is different from what I expected to be.  I thought this would be the perfect nude lip but it's darker than what I expected.  Not complaining, it's still a very pretty shade.  Times Square is a pretty pink beige that is perfect for everyday wear.  I noticed that Times Square feels more like Colourpop's older matte formula.


Ultra Matte Lip in Viper - Oh my goodness!  I didn't think I'd like this color as much as I do!  Viper is a gorgeous dusty rose with a tint of violet.   It's thee perfect fall lip that will look amazing on all skin tones.  Highly recommend grabbing this shade!



Overall Thoughts:  Colourpop shades do look darker than what they appear online and in the clear tubes but the shades are still very pretty.  The matte formula improved sooo much from their older formula.  I will definitely be purchasing a lot more matte lips from now on! ^__^  What I like most about Colourpop is that they have shades that will suit every skin tone!  I personally think the shades in the set Out and About will suit deeper skin tones a lot better than lighter skin tones; like mine.  Overall, I can see why Colourpop is highly raved. :)

Thank you so much for reading!  I'll see you guys in my next post soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment